Cafe Systems Team Transition
New Finance, Facilities, and Research Administration systems team to manage Cafe systems
As announced by VPIT/CIO Sean Reynolds, the group currently known as Project Cafe will become part of a new Administrative Systems team within NUIT. The new group will be known as the Finance, Facilites, and Research Administration systems team (FFRA).
Although the effective date is May 1, we expect there to be a gradual transition period as various related changes occur.
See the full announcement.
What Will Not Change
While the Cafe group’s name will change, its mission of supporting and enhancing the University’s financial management systems will not. Staff currently supporting NUFinancials, FAMIS, iBuyNU, InfoEd, and NUPlans will continue to work in partnership with Northwestern's schools, central offices, and administrative units.
Training, Help, Security, and Reporting
- Cafe training courses are scheduled through June. After that, classes will have the same instructors, course names, and registration procedures with a new team name and a new classroom location in Evanston at the Mudd Library (details to come).
- Help will continue to be available at 491-HELP (847-491-4357), option 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security access forms will be managed as they have been for the near future. As the process is reviewed, changes will be announced when more information is available.
- Cafe reports on NUFinancials, FAMIS, and InfoEd data will continue to be available via Cognos BI.
Changes to Expect
Community-focused communications will transition to the new team name beginning in May.
- The email@example.com email address has been replaced by firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Messages will be forwarded from the old address to the new during the transition period.
- Existing listservs (Cafe Core Users and Cafe All Users) will be renamed and used for communications such as the monthly news digest and monthly close messages. All current subscribers will be added to the new lists. We expect this to occur by June 1.
- Cafe website content will move to a new web address with continued access to existing training materials and other resources beginning the week of May 5: ffra.northwestern.edu.
- Please note that any of your existing bookmarks/favorites and links into the Cafe site will need to be updated.
- Some items on the web will retain Cafe branding longer than others (forms, Cognos BI report folders, and training materials, for example).
- CATracks website content has moved to a new Alumni Development Enterprise Applications (ADEA) site: https://adea.northwestern.edu
Please bear with us, as the transition is expected to take some time. If you have questions or concerns about these changes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.